Tuesday, February 3, 2015

First Week!

 I will report to my mission Tuesday, February 3 in the afternoon!

It is challenging at times, but boy oh boy is this experience like no other! Overall I think today (Monday) has been a productive day.

I love all of my leaders! President Call is the branch president and he is very humorous. My companion is Hermana B______, we will be serving in the same mission. She is from Honduras. She is super sweet and so cute. She is a little bit shorter than I am. Everyone says we are cute and short, they tease us about it -__- haha but whatever I will take the compliment. Working together is super important. She has become my family. She had to be gone for the day, last week and I missed her. She is marvelous.

During this time I have also learned that I have to fully rely on Heavenly Father. This mission is for Him. As I have come to do so I have come to feel more of His love and see His hand in my life. I am not perfect, far from it. I have lots of weaknesses, of which I need to work on... but I know that I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands. As long as I am willing, prepared and worthy of the Holy Ghost, he will speak through me. I have come to feel the Savior's love. I know that no matter how bad things seem all will be well because Heavenly Father loves me and is always there. This applies to everyone. He loves you too!

I invite you to pray to Heavenly Father. He will bring you consolation and peace. He can answer your questions and give you guidance.

This is what we teach to those who are just learning to pray:
Con mucho amor,

Hermana Mena