Monday, June 8, 2015

Marvelous, a blessing and beautiful!

I am so grateful for all that I have learned in this area. I am so grateful for the beautiful members I have been able to work with. For their testimonies and their diligence. I thank Heavenly Father for having allowed me to work at the Open House and see how much it has blessed the lives of the people in our area. For Sister D______ and her wonderful example and for her great desire to follow the Lord. I am thankful for Sister F________ and her sweet spirit. This area has been wonderful. I have learned to strengthen my testimony. I have felt the redemptive power of the atonement at work and have been able to see how it has blessed the lives of those around me.
Last week we hiked up West Mountain! IT WAS AWESOME! I was not able to reach the top because my companion was exhausted. So we were like
it was about 100 yards away from the top :( But it was fun. and so worth the trip up there.  When we were coming back down the mountain. my legs could not take it haha. I prefer going uphill because my legs were just like noodles and I simply could not just walk down the whole way because I guess they just gave up. 

This week was marvelous, a blessing and beautiful. One of the investigators that was dropped a transfer ago has been attending church, so we went to visit her again. It is so crazy to see how the Lord prepares people. She is humbled. She truly believes in the Restoration of the Gospel and that Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of the Lord. When we read in the Book of Mormon with her, you can just see the great desire she has to learn more and to do all she can to prepare to be baptized. Because she wants her family to go to the temple. (it was she that brought up the temple not us) She says she went through twice and that she felt it. She felt the Holy Ghost. She wants to be sealed in the temple with her family.

The area is getting there! We have been able to cut to the core of our teaching pool because it was large. We are finding the jewels in between all the fog. I hope that this area is blessed because it has truly blessed me and will forever have a place in my heart. I got THE E-MAIL I am being transferred out of my baby area! (tear tear) BUT I am excited about transfers. I knew it was coming and have a really good feeling about it.
The Cultural Celebration was so great. I about cried as I watched some of the youth I know perform in it. and to see the dedication of the members to have a temple here in Payson. I love Payson. This temple has become a huge part of my life. Temples are heaven on earth. a taste of the Heavens on the earth.

https://www.lds.org/church/news/youth-fill-the-world-with-love-for-payson-temple-cultural-celebration?lang=eng

I know God lives. He is our loving Heavenly Father, who knows us in and through. As we rely on the Savior we can feel the redemptive power of which 2 Nephi 2 speaks of.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/choose-to-believe?lang=eng



Daily Message:
"The weakest among us, through God’s grace, can become spiritually strong, because God “is no respecter of persons.”"
—President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "On Being Geniune"
Hermana Mena