Monday, June 29, 2015

18 Days... Seems like it's been months!


Can you say whaaaat????
June has come and gone. As of today I am now in the Orem Utah Mission. My former Mission President McCune has left the mission home and is heading to his home. President McCune has been so great. From him I have learned so much. I love the McCunes and I know I was initially called to the Utah Provo mission because they had be a part of it. They have forever changed my life. My Mission President as of 8:00 today MST (mountain standard time) is President Killpack. I love President Killpack. I have not met him yet but I just love him and am so excited to meet him. I know President Killpack is called of the Lord to lead His work in this area. We will meet him tomorrow. We have been praying for him. 

This week was a little crazy here and there. 
We got to go to the Mt. Timpanogos temple this month. The Adventures of Hermana McD and Hermana Mena will be told of in the coming week... Because I apparently have forgotten to write in my journal, which helps me remember things.... So forgive me. I will improve, there is always room for improvement. 

We are working to have organizational skills. We have been attending various stake meetings. One meeting really had an impact on me. The stake president was grieved. He stated, "Brother and Sisters we are in a rut!" His eyes looked around at each one of us. 
He went on to explain the great work that is around each one of us. He said it was time to lift up our gaze. To truly dedicate ourselves to serving the Lord. He shared of the experience his father had as a mission president in Brazil and how he strived to be obedient to President Kimball's counsel. As he recounted his memories of his father's devoted service tears filled his eyes.  "You must have faith of Power... Pray to know what it is each of us should do in our own stewardship.." A spirit filled the room. 

We have a great work to do. Do you feel an urgency? Do you see the need? There are souls to reach out to and people to find. We must be guided by the spirit in all things. 2 Nephi 25:23&26
As we do all things in the name of the Lord, pray for his divine guidance, and turn over everything unto the Lord having faith, he will weak things become strong. He will be our support. 

I invite you all to pray today, pray to know who it is the Lord is preparing. Pray with all the energy of heart you posses. And the Lord will bring names to your mind, faces will come to your remembrance. And go and act in faith. Work with the missionaries. And be not afraid for the Lord shall direct thy ways. 

Members and missionaries can see themselves in the work as they live the gospel joyfully and as they invite others to participate in activities, Church services, and other occasions. Capture the Vision We are all in this together. With fellow ward members and missionaries, we plan and pray and help one another. Please keep the full-time missionaries in your thoughts and prayers. Trust them with your family and friends. The Lord trusts them and has called them to teach and bless those who seek Him. Elder Neil L. Andersen See Yourself in the Work Change Your Life through Missionary Work Share the Gospel Online Contribute to the General Missionary Fund Youth, Your Role in the Work of Salvation"

Shout out to a wonderful beautiful Sister, Sister S_____. She has been our mission nurse. She has been so great. So loving, patient, and caring. She has patiently dealt with 200+ missionaries. Thank you for your service Sister S!. I am so grateful for all she has done. May the Lord bless her endlessly.