Monday, June 1, 2015

Point of No Return!


Hello Hello Hello:

This week has been great!

So this week we had just a few lessons. but they were great! We had dinner with the newly called Relief Society President and it was the best. We were able to share the info we knew about the families in the ward and we were able to build up trust with her. She is wonderful.
Back when Sister F____ was here, we were trying to figure out ways we could serve Bishop and his family but were not very successful with figuring out how. About 3 weeks ago they introduced us to their grand-daughter and we were in awe how much she knew and to see the desire she had to be baptized. Despite her immediate family's situation we were so impressed how she has been prepared. We were able to finish teaching C____ and she was baptized just this Saturday. I can just feel and know that she will work wonders. She is a special soul of Heavenly Father, and I know that she will help her family and strengthen them.

Sister D_____ is so wonderful. She is always on top of things and knows just what to do in almost any given situation.

I know that our leaders are so inspired and that all of the programs, resources and aids we have are from the Lord. TIWI is the best. (Sis. Despain - I have no idea what TIWI stands for...) It is simply just like the Holy Ghost. There is always room for improvement, always :)

Updates:
Exchanges are the BEST!
I love Sister L___ she is awesome. I hope to serve with her one day.
We went to her assigned area and this is my second time. I love it there I love the people. I also hope I get assigned to labor there :)
I reached the point of no return!
We were driving back home down the hill the other day and I saw the sunset and the beautiful majestic mountains and then I knew. I love Utah I love the people and I think I love it here more and more and I kinda do not want to go back home.

Crazy/Interesting things that have happened:
So with one of the families we are working with we have been unable to get appointments with and each time I go over the kids want to race with me because I did one time before and they were like "please teach me a lesson and once we are done we can race!" It made me laugh because he was like I want you to teach me! hahaha and he was so eager. But I sense he wanted to race just a tad bit more than to hear us teach a lesson.
 
There is Excitement in the Air in the Ward

Our P-day activity today: Hike West Mountain with the District

I am so grateful for the Sabbath, the day of rest we have been given. Thankful for the atonement and what is has done in my life. I know this is the Lord's true church on the earth and am so grateful for all that I have.  I invite you all to read in the Book of Mormon. Ponder its message and ask the Lord with a real intent to act upon the answer you will receive and you  will receive an answer. 

Daily Message:
"The Savior’s Atonement cannot become commonplace in our teaching, in our conversation, or in our hearts."
—Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Gift of Grace"

I Love you all!!

Hermana Mena