Thursday, October 8, 2015

Inspiration from General Conference

So this week has been filled with many wonderful blessings. 
We had exchanges this past Tuesday so my companion both were joyous to receive some counsel from our Sister training leaders*
 
Sister O. is simply wonderful she is so wise and from her countenance one can see that she is dedicated to this work. When she testifies you can feel such strength and power. Something that she helped me understand is that we must use our weaknesses to our benefit. Personally I know there is much for me to learn but I can keep things simple because simple is what I know. Simple is the way to go. 
 
I felt good about not having to know everything.
 
We went to visit Y and she set up an appointment with us!
later in the week we went to see her. She is accepting our invitations and exercising her faith.
 
J who is the husband of a sister that is not very in church decided to meet with us this week. We invited him to baptism and although there was some hesitation he accepted the invitation!!! B is so excited to see that her husband is finally willing to hear the message of the gospel. We want them to reach the temple to be sealed as a family to live together forever. 
Because that is why the Lord has ordained our families. Death is not the end. through the
ordinance​ of the sealing our families can be together forever. 

We also had the wonderful opportunity to hear and watch the general conference.  During the course of two days Saturday and Sunday, the first week in October and April, we get to hear the prophet and our leaders speak to us. They through revelation prepare messages to share. During this time the membership of the church comes together in homes, chapels (church buildings) or anywhere to hear via radio or watch through satellite, online, or the television to hear these inspired messages. We invited many to prepare questions for conference this week. And one of the members we are teaching really had some questions about things she had been thinking a lot of lately. We invited her to pray about them in preparation for conference. She did. and the first two talks (discourses or addresses) where directly what she needed to hear.

I GOT TO GO TO THE SUNDAY MORNING SESSION

​At that moment when conference started I felt the realness of it all. I came to realize everything that it has taken me to get where I am today I felt a rush of emotions at that moment. As I viewed and heard the Mormon tabernacle sing I saw reflected my desires, all the things I have longed for and have come to have, (peace, happiness, God's love, understanding of my purpose here on earth)  who I am becoming and the changes I have made in my life. I also saw my potential. I felt embraced by God's love. When we arose when the Prophet walked in I felt the Spirit testify that he is called of God. I love President Monson. I sustain him. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of the Lord, he is God's mouth piece here on earth. Heavenly Father hears us and answers our prayers. As we listen to his counsel and follow him we will be guided.

Daily Message:
"Life rarely goes exactly according to plan for anyone…it is still important to understand and teach the Lord’s pattern."
—Bonnie L. Oscarson, "Defenders of the Family Proclamation"
Topics: Commandments
--
Hermana Mena