Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Key to Life is to Serve

This week was so great.

A couple from Salt Lake came to the Ward. They came to speak on the addiction recovery program and it was so incredible. They came to speak on the need of us making changes in our lives and taking the initiative. We are the way we are because of the different circumstances we have been placed in. That changed my life. I know what I have to do in life is serve. I have to come back to Utah and receive as much capacitación (training) as I can for food storage, family history, the amazing programs and then I don't know where - but go and share and help others. That is the key to life is to serve and we will have joy. I am not dreading going back home, I am looking forward to it. I need a job. I need to start figuring stuff out with school.

We have to speak openly of things and to help one another and to receive the help we need to progress in our lives. As it says in Alma now is the time for man to prepare to meet man.

I am working on the attribute of diligence, this week. Something that was pointed out by Elder Baines was that diligence is demonstrated by consecration. So I will be reading the talk on a consecrated missionary. 

We have a sealing this week I am going to! :) 

Many of the families who we are working with are going through difficult things and it is heartbreaking. But the gospel truly is the answer. It is. There is hope and better things out there. I know God is there He hears us. and knows us.  Christ suffered that we may not shrink but rely on His atonement.

Daily Message:
"Isn’t it wonderful to know that we don’t have to be perfect to experience the blessings and gifts of our Heavenly Father? We don’t have to wait to cross the finish line to receive God’s blessings. In fact, the heavens begin to part and the blessings of heaven begin to distill upon us with the very first steps we take toward the light."
—Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Hope of God's Light"
Hermana Mena