Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Love of a Mother

This week was incredible I was able to see Brother Johnson at Family Services and he was so helpful. I felt so enlightened and felt positivity shooting out of my pores hahaha

This past transfer has helped me live: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Amidst the trials those we are teaching are facing as they put their faith in the Lord they receive greater peace. During this time serving here in Saratoga we have gone from not knowing any of the members to being in their homes, serving and learning so much from them.

We had the 4th of July Parade. I about cried twice because I was touched to see the people. The child's on the sides of the rode with their hands up waiting for hi 5s from the missionaries. I saw three families I know from previous areas. I also saw Tara from back home :) 

I can't believe it has been a year from the last. I can't believe it. 

Today we had an opportunity to speak to a sister that drove us to the meeting as we asked her how she has seen the Lord's hand in her life she did not answer, so the question was repeated. And she said she was trying to see, because she has a hard time with one of her children he is not making the best decisions at the moment and it is very frustrating for her and she felt as though she has not done enough. 

We testified that Christ's love and how the love of the mother comes to be the only thing to be compared with what charity is. Her son in the back of the car after we asked how his mom has helped him began to point out the positive attributes his mom has. She was touched. Today I will began to see and voice the ways my beautiful mom has helped me. Without her I would not be here. 

An invitation for everyone today is to write down one thing you are grateful for that you mother has taught you and/or helped you with, ponder it and voice it. 

I know families are ordained of God. My family is the perfect family for me. Imperfect? Yes. But not just imperfect, thy are perfectly imperfect. My beautiful family. I love my dad, his hard work and selflessness and ability to see the potential we have, my mom for her determination and willpower and love. My older sister for her humility, thoughtfulness and example. My brother for his unfailing love, patience and understanding and my younger sister for her long suffering, sweetness and tenderness.

Families are the most important unit on earth. The gospel helps us. I know that Christ helps us get through and will forever till the end of times.

You matter. You are needed. The Lord will never leave your side. 


Yes, the video is a Christmas video, but the message still carries through everyday. 

D&C 123:17

Daily Message
Hard as things seem today, they will be better in the next day if you choose to serve the Lord this day with your whole heart."
—Henry B. Eyring, "This Day"