Saturday, July 16, 2016

I love my Savior

I love my Savior Jesus Christ, through Him I can do all things.

This was a great week. I love having the opportunity to serve and learn from my companion Sister L. She has helped me realize that no invitation will decrease our ability and purpose. She is a great missionary.

This week we had two wonderful experiences. We had the opportunity of having dinner with this family. Sister D was calling her son down to join in. She explained to us a little bit of his disability, but afterwards also came to share how she knows the Lord sent him that way to earth to help her family remain strong. She also explained how as he went to the temple that it was as though he had been there before. The spirit filled the home as we shared the First vision. 

As those who are seeking they will find, they will be filled of truth.

On our way to find a family we saw a family outside. We had to stop and go. As we walked in the house we were filled with an immense love for the family. It was evident that this Brother and Sister adopted each of the children. They each radiated a light. We testified of the great worth they have of the strength the atonement gives us. 

We invited two people to follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized. They will both be praying.

The Lord is preparing the hearts of the people here.


​Daily Message:
"Moroni confirmed: “What is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ” (Moro. 7:40–41; see also Alma 27:28). Real hope, therefore, is not associated with things mercurial, but rather with things immortal and eternal!"
—Elder Neal A. Maxwell, "Hope through the Atonement of Jesus Christ"
Topics: Hope
--
Hermana Mena