Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Diligence and Obedience

These past few weeks have been a little crazy. So do excuse me for not e-mailing/writing

To explain, we had to move one p-Day with like only 24 hrs notice :) and we had appointments that Sunday and had to pack and move all of P-Day.

Last week we had to go to the nurse and had a meeting with President Killpack which was so wonderful. Then we had to drive out of our mission to go to the Doctor and drive back and Bam most of our pday was gone.

And this last week we had an appointment again :)  but we got to go to President Killpack's home we had lunch and got a tour of the mission home and got to do some activities.

This past month has been a great one. I have been able to reflect on my true purpose as a missionary. Why am I here? Because the Lord has sent me to declare His word unto the people here. During the course of this past month I have come to reflect greatly on the missionary training center, when I was preparing to come out, when I got my mission call and all the decisions and preparations I made the decision to serve the Lord during this time on my mission. I have been out for seven months already. It seems like just last week I was having a moment where I may have freaked out when I realized it had been six months.

A word that has come to mean so much more to me has been obedience.

Through obedience we show Heavenly Father we love him. It is a reflection of our commitment to always follow him. In one of our DTMs (District Training Meetings- where a few missionary companionships receive training led by the district meeting) we were learning more about diligence. Diligence can mean - hard work, close attention, careful and persistent work or effort. Historically it also means a "public stagecoach" from the French "carrosse de diligence"

Putting the two into context: in order for the coach of speed to continue on speedily on its course, there must be a diligent effort to keep it going. An imagery that came to mind was two hands on the type writer speedily typing. In order to keep up the speed in typing you must first know where the keys are, and practice and practice and practice to type at a set speed. Once you begin off you go and you can type at a set speed. But it takes diligence. You must have your mind set on what you are typing or else you will not be able to type anything. If you are distracted you might click the wrong keys. If you try to type too fast you will also not be able to type it. As a missionary we type. We first must come to listen to Heavenly Father's voice. We must recognize his voice.  As we make a constant effort to keep the spirit. To be on the Lord's errand, we will always have his spirit to be with us.
I know the Lord is there and hears us. He provides us a way. As we are diligent in our obedience we will be blessed. I have come to see miracles as I am obedient. Our obedience must be consistent.

Sorry for not being able to email. I love you all. Next week I will get back to emailing. And we did get permission to email today for a little while.